About Arm Lift
Arm lifting surgery is also named brachioplasty. The procedure is performed in order to improve the appearance of the upper arms by removing the excessive fat and skin.
Reasons To have an Arm Lift Surgery
Loose and saggy upper arms could be caused by several reasons. These reasons can be listed as:
- Significant weight loss
Preparation Process for Arm Lift Surgery
As soon as you visit our clinic or for international patients with online consultation for arm lift surgery, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your medical history.
- examine your arms – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want an arm lift surgery and how you want your arms to look. Our doctor will also explain the procedure in details.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
During the operation
The surgeon will make incisions on the undersides of the arms and your armpit with the length and pattern depending on how much skin will be removed. This incision may only remain under your armpit or extend to your elbow. After the incisions are made, underlying fat tissue is removed and skin is tightened and closed with aesthetic stitches. To drain excessive blood or leakage, small tubes might be placed. After bandages applied over the stitches, special arm corset dressed up.
After the operation
After the operation is complete, you will see the incisions on your arms covered in special corsets. A medical personnel from our institution will remove the bandages and the small tubes after one day.
You should avoid lifting your arms above shoulder level for three days after the arm lift surgery. Physical activites such as exercises and sports will have to wait for three weeks after the operation. Our expert will be prescribing some medication including painkiller and antibiotic.
Arm Lift Surgery in Turkey
Arm lift surgery is also known as brachioplasty. The reason for the arm lift is to improve the appearance of the upper arms by removing the excess skin and fat. If you wish to have an arm lift surgery in Istanbul, please contact us. Having your brachioplasty in Privia Clinic gives the insurance of having your arm lift done by the expert surgeons.