About Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck surgery is a cosmetic operation to give a better appearance to the abdomen. The operation is also named abdominoplasty. During the procedure, excessive fat and skin on the abdomen are removed. Connective abdomen tissues are also tightened properly. You will get the fit abdomen as you want.
Possible Reasons of Having a Loose Abdomen
- Significant changes in weight
- Abdominal surgery, such as a C-section
- Your natural body type
Although tummy tuck surgery will remove loosening on the abdomen, excessive fat and skin beside removing stretch marks and excessive skin on the lower abdomen below bellybutton. If there is excessive fat deposition in the waist and back, liposuction can be added to Tummy Tuck surgery.
Preparation Process for Tummy Tuck Surgery
Having your first visit to our clinic or for international patients with online consultatin for tummy tuck surgery, one of the experts in our clinic will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential fort he surgeon to know about your previous illnesses and treatments and smoking habits
- examine your abdomen – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- Ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want a tummy tuck and how you want your abdomen to look. Our surgeon will also explain the procedure in details.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
- You must be a nonsmoker to have this operation
During the Operation
The operation usually takes between two to three hours. During tummy tuck surgery, the surgeon makes incisions in order to remove excessive fat and skin. Then the skin tightened and create a new hole for the navel. Connective abdominal tissues gets tightened with sutures.
After the Operation
You have stay in the hospital for two days. There will be some pain but it could be reduced using pain killers that our expert prescribes. The surgeon may also prescribe antibiotics or blood-thinning medication after the surgery. Wearing a supportive abdominal garment for the first three weeks after the operation is also a must. After having the tummy tuck surgery, be careful during physical activities and even in daily routines for one month. There will be a tiny scar which remains below your underwear level.
Tummy Tuck in Turkey
Tummy tuck -also known as abdominoplasty- is a cosmetic procedure to give a better appearance to the abdomen. A tummy tuck surgery is considerable especially after pregnancy, significant weight changes, and abdominal surgeries such as C-section. Although there are differences between liposuction and tummy tuck, in some cases, it might provide better results to have tummy tuck and liposuction together. Having many expert surgeons and the most up-to-date equipments, having a tummy tuck in Istanbul, in Privia Clinic will be the best choice. Please contact us if you have further questions.