About Ear Surgery
Ear surgery -also known as otoplasty- is a cosmetic procedure to change the size, shape or position of the ears. Otoplasty is applicable to people at any age. For the children who has prominent ears with their ears its recommended to have this operation preschool period. Ear surgery could be considered by people whose ears are misshapen or have prominent ears.
Reasons for Ear Surgery
Mostly, people who have following problems prefer having an otoplasty:
- Large ears in proportion to the head
- Have prominant ears
Preparation Process for the Ear Surgery
Having your first visit to our clinic or for international patients online consultation for ear surgery, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your previous illnesses and treatments
- examine your ears – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- Ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want an ear surgery and how you want your ears to look. Surgeon will also explain the procedure in details.
Before the Ear Surgery operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
During the Ear Surgery operation
Ear surgery operation takes about one hour and it is usually performed under local anesthesia unless otherwise required. Depending on what kind of correction to be performed, techniques of otoplasty are variant. The incision made by the surgeon is behind the ears to prevent the appearance of minimal scars. Once the incision is made, excess ear cartilage and skin might be removed as occasion requires. Then, ear cartilage is fold into the proper position and sutured.
After the Ear Surgery operation
This is an outpatient operation. Your ears covered in bandages for protection and support after the procedure. Our expert will likely prescribe you painkillers and antibiotics. Since sleeping on the sides puts a pressure on the ears, try sleeping on your back or front. The bandages will be removed two days after the operation. You will likely get back to your daily routines in several days, and healing will be complete in a few weeks. The changes after the ear surgery will be permanent.
Ear Surgery in Turkey
Ear surgery -also known as otoplasty- is a cosmetic procedure to change the size, shape or position of the ears. Otoplasty is applicable to people at any age. If you wish to have this surgery, and your priority is to have it with low cost by the best surgeons, otoplasty in Istanbul by the expert surgeons of Privia Clinic is just right for you. Please contact us if you need further information.