About Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery -also known as blepharoplasty- is an aesthetic operation to fix droopy upper eyelids and remove fat bag on the lower eyelid. Aging causes muscle and skin weakening that leads to sagging of the upper eyelid. This sagging makes you look tired and older than you are and sometimes it could reach to a level that restricts your field of vision. Due to aging, the under-eye fats are herniated with loss of elasticity in the ligament and muscle tissue and form under-eye bags in the lower eyelid. These under-eye bags also makes you look more tired and older than you are. To correct these conditions, only the upper eyelid, only the lower eyelid or the lower and upper eyelids together can be operated.
Reasons To have Eyelid Surgery
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Preparation Process for Eyelid Surgery
As soon as you visit our clinic or for international patients with online consultation for eyelid surgery, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your medical history.
- examine your face – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want an eyelid surgery and how you want your face to look. Our surgeon will also explain the procedure in details.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
During the Procedure
Upper eyelid surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia and takes less than one hour. This surgery is an outpatient surgery. This is an outpatient operation. Lower eyelid surgery is often performed with upper eyelid surgery, general anesthesia is preferred and takes about two and a half hours. This is also an outpatient operation.
An incision from the eyelid fold is made. By this way any minimal scar can be hidden. Böylelikle göz any minimal scar can be hidden. And for the lower eyelid a thin incision is made under the eyelashes.
During the operation; skin, muscle is removed and sometimes fat is repositioned to enhance the stance of eyelids.
All the incisions is closed with absobable suturues.
Depending on how low the eyebrow is, brow lift surgery may be added to the upper eyelid surgery. If there is sagging in the cheek area, face lift operation can be added to to lower eyelid surgery.
After the Procedure
Recovery from the eyelid surgery does not take long compared to the other types of plastic surgerie operations.
There may be a slight pain after the operation, which can be relieved by painkillers. The surgeoun will likely prescribe you some medication to relieve the symptoms. Compressing an ice pack sometimes will also relieve some of the pain. Full recovery is generally completed in between one week.
Eyelid Surgery in Turkey
Eyelid surgery -in other words blepharoplasty- is an aesthetic operation to fix droopy upper eyelids and remove fat bag on the lower eyelid. An eyelid surgery is highly preferred since it is an essential aspect of facial beauty. If you wish to have an eyelid surgery with low cost by the best surgeons, Privia Clinic’s blepharoplasty in Istanbul will be the best option. Please contact us for further information.