About Face Lift
Face lift surgery -also known as rhyitidectomy- is a cosmetic surgery to give a younger appearance to the face by reducing the sagging and folds on the skin, cheeks, and jawline and repairing other deformations on the facial area.
After a face lift surgery, you will love your mirror image more, thanks to that, your self-esteem and motivation will likely be much higher.
Reasons for a Face Lift Surgery
As we get older, our skin loses its elasticity and becomes looser. Due to that and other age-related deformities, your face changes its appearance and shape. Also, facial fat pads and bones loses their volume, this may leads to a tired and older looking. The following changes could be repaired with face lift surgery:
- Excess skin deposition in the lower jawline
- Having the skin saggy
- Deepening of the skin foldation from the corner of the mouth to the side of the nose.
Preparation Process for the Face Lift Surgery
Once you decide to have a face lift and visit our clinic or online consultation for international patients, you will be directed to one of our expert surgeons. Who will;
- Analyze your medical history and medication– Our surgeon will ask you about your medical records such as diseases, previous surgeries (including plastic and cosmetic surgeries in the past.) Also our surgeon will ask you about your usage of tobacco-based products or any medications.
- Examine your facial area – Our expert will examine the bone structure and shape of your face. Then, photographs of your face from differrent angles and positions will be taken.
- Ask about your expectations – The surgeon will ask why you want a face lift surgery, and how you want your face to look after the operation. Our surgeon will also explain possible changes after the face lift surgery.
Before the Face Lift Surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
During the Face Lift Surgery
During face lift surgery, there will be incisions from front of the ear, extending up into the hairline and behind the ear into the hair-bearing area. the skin is elevated, underlying tissues and muscles are tightened. Facial fat might be removed or redistributed. Then, the skin on the face is re-draped over the face contours that are newly repositioned.
A face lift surgery usually takes between two and four hours. However, if other cosmetic procedures such as eyelid surgery or neck lift surgery are performed at the same time, it might take longer.
After the Face Lift Surgery
You will stay in the hospital for one day after the surgery. There could be mild pain for two days, your surgeon will prescribe painkiller for this. Using a special mask is necessary for one week. The stitches will be dissolves in the body.
Face Lift in Turkey
Rhyitidectomy – or most commonly; face lift- is a surgical operation which reduces sagging and folds on the skin, cheeks, and jawline. The operation which also repairs other deformations on the face will give you a younger appearance. Please contact us for more information about Privia Clinic.