The growth of the male breast is called gynecomastia. This situation is quite common among men. Glandular tissue increase of the male breast is called gynecomastia. There are three types of gynecomastia;
- Glandular type gynecomastia, means excessive growth of breast tissue, especially during adolescence, regressed in a year with the formation of hormonal balance.
- Pseudogynecomastia, There is an increase of fat in the breast area, but there is no abnormality in the breast tissue. Weight gain and loss, drugs, alcohol use can cause this as well as 90 percent are genetically caused.
- Mixed gynecomastia, means an increase in both gland tissue and fat.
A complete solution is achieved by surgery for all three types.
Gynecomastia in Turkey
Having big breasts for men is not as desirable as such for women. The growth of the male breast is called gynecomastia. This situation is quite common among men. There are three types of gynecomastia such as glandular, pseudogynecomastia, and mixed gynecomastia. Please contact us for further information if you are considering to have a gynecomastia surgery in Istanbul.
Preparation process for the Gynecomastia Operation
As soon as you visit our clinic or for international patients with online consultation for gynecomastia operation, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your medical history.
- examine your chest – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want a gynecomastia operation and how you want your chest to look. Our doctor will also explain the procedure in detail.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
- We’re going to do a chest ultrasound.