Reasons To have a Breast Augmentation Surgery
- If your breast size is smaller than you want, it will help you have an enhanced appearance.
- After pregnancy and breastfeeding, if your breasts lost their volume and get smaller this operation restores the size and shape.
- After the weight loss if you want to improve your breast size and the shape of your breast.
- If your breasts are asymmetrical it is done to equalize the sizes of your breasts.
Breast augmentation surgery is a good way to boost your motivation and self-confidence.
The preparation process for breast enlargement.
As soon as you visit our clinic or for international patients with online consultation for breast augmentation operation, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your medical history.
- examine your breasts – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want a breast augmentation operation and how you want your breast size, shape, and the feel you wish. The surgeon will inform you about types of implants, the post-operation shape of the breasts, and surgical techniques. Then, all you need is to decide and tell our expert which of the options you prefer.
Breast implant types
A breast implant surgery is a medical prosthesis that is placed inside the breast to augment, reconstruct, or form the breast physically. There are two main types of breast implants:
- Saline breast implants are filled with sterile salt water. The saltwater is held within an outer silicone shell. These implants can be filled with different amounts of saline solution.
- Silicone breast implants consist of a silicone gel held within an outer silicone shell.
Breast implant shapes
One of the most frequently asked questions in breast augmentation surgery operation is the difference between round and anatomical implants.
- Round Implant: A round implant can be selected if the patient has a certain amount of breast tissue and if the patient wants the upper pole fullness in the décolleté.
- Anatomic Implant: Anatomic prostheses may be preferred for patients who do not have enough breast tissue, the décolleté region is not very full, and if they want a smooth transition.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
During the operation
The surgeon makes one single incision in order to place the implant on one of these three parts:
- Inframammary incision, In the crease under the breast.
- Periareolar incision, Around the nipple shape of a smiley.
- Transaxillary incision, Under the arm, near the armpit.
The decision of incision place depends on several factors, including implant size, the type of implant, the patient’s anatomy, and surgeon-patient preference.
There are two options for placing the implant;
- Subglandular; over the pectoral muscle, behind the breast tissue
- Submuscular; under the pectoral muscle
Later on, the implant will be placed into the pocket and centered behind the nipple, by the surgeon. In the last step the surgeon closes the incision and healing will begin.
After The Operation
You should stay in the hospital for one day. During the healing process, you must wear a compression bra for two weeks. If the surgeon considers it necessary, you may also be prescribed pain killers. In the first week, we do not recommend carrying heavy loads. After the fifth day, you fly.
After the healing is completed, you will have better-looking breasts and higher self-confidence.