About Breast Reduction Surgery
Large breasts could negatively impact a woman both physically and emotionally, causing symptoms such as chronic back pain, poor posture, low self-esteem, excessive sweating, rashes under the breasts and restricted activity. Many women seek treatment to reduce the painful effects of their large breasts, while also improving their self-confidence and overall quality of life. Breast reduction surgery reduces the size of large, disproportionate breasts by removing excess fat, tissue and skin for a more desirable appearance and relief of physical and emotional symptoms. Breast reduction surgery can have a profoundly positive effect on self esteem, increase the ability to move freely, exercise, ensure you feel comfortable with how your body looks and wearing as you please due to a new aesthetic look..
Reasons to have a breast reduction surgery
Women with large breasts may wish to have breast reduction surgery if they;
- Have chronic back, shoulder or neck pain
- Have skin irritation or chronic rash under the breasts
- Feel restricted during physical activities
- Are unhappy with their ways of appearance related to having large breasts
- Have hard times on fitting into clothes
Breast reduction surgery is applicable to women whose breasts are fully developed.
Preparation process for the breast reduction surgery
As soon as you visit our clinic or for international patients with online consultation for breast reduction operation, one of our experts will;
- analyze your medical records – It is essential for the surgeon to know about your medical history.
- examine your breasts – this is to decide the best option for the surgery
- ask about your expectations – the surgeon needs to understand why you want a breast reduction operation and how you want your breats size, shape and the feel you wish. The surgeon will inform you about the operation in details.
Before the operation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- We will do lab testing or a medical evaluation
- getting a mammogram is recommended if the patient is older than 40 years
During the operation
Different techniques can be used in breast reduction surgeries, the surgeon will advise which method is preferred according to the size and sagging of the breast.
There are two frequently preferred methods;
- The surgeon makes an incision around the aerola and a vertical line for removing excess fat, breast tissue, skin and the breast is reshaped. This method is called lollipop method.
- The surgeon makes an incision around the aerola and a vertical line and one more incision under the breast for removing excess fat, breast tissue, skin and the breast is reshaped. This method is called as reverse T or Anchorge.
At the end of this operation, the breast is reduced, shaped according to the patients choices, the nipple and areola placed in the appropriate anatomical position.
After the procedure
You should stay in the hospital for one day. You have to use surgical bra for two weeks. Your surgeon will prescribe pain killers and antibiotic. In first week, you may feel more sensitiveness and tenderness on your breasts. It is possible to see some swelling and bruises on your breasts for the first week. You can continue your daily routine in 3-4 days after the breast reduction operation and you can do sports after 15 days.
You will have the breasts you want after the breast reduction operation. Your back pain will be decreased. Your performance in pyhsical activities will be enhanced. Also, your self-esteem will be boosted. Breast reducement is permanent. However, change in size and shape can happen due to aging and weight gain/loss.
Breast Reduction Surgery in Turkey
Having big breasts sometimes may not be as good as it is thought for women. Breast reduction surgery is for women who are disturbed by their breast size for various reasons such as chronic back pain, displeasure of appearance etc. We are doing breast reduction surgery in Istanbul, Turkey with our team of professionals in Privia Clinic. Please contact us for further information.